Thursday, September 2, 2010

Plyometrics & It still hurts

Plyometric sounds all fancy but basically I've been repeatedly pushing on the floor of my car.  The idea being that my thigh muscles have significantly atrophied and need to be rebuilt.  They have atrophied so much that they don't store much energy, an a large number of the energy producing mitochondria have gone bye-bye.  The plyometrics is just a way that I can exercise my leg while driving.

So I've been doing that for a couple of months now - hence no updates, its kinda boring.  This evening I went out to the track in Yelm ( after finding out that the Rainier track was in use ) and ran a couple of 400's.  They felt some amount easier than previously but I still got anaerobic rather quickly.

I am hoping to get to the track at least once a week, and will keep at the plyometrics.

I've emailed Robert Gailey, and hope to meet with him later this month when he is in Seattle.  He's one of - if not the top expert on amputee running. See here.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are motivated to keep doing this. I don't love how you smell after you do it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping us posted Zac! I love your determination-always have. We're still praying for you...I know this is all one big process. But then again, I guess our whole lives are, right?

    ReplyDelete